Ritzy Pork Chops

Look to the left. Do you see the little red box under Cooking Video? Well, it goes to show I apparently don't know what I'm doing... but I'm NOT giving up. I will figure it out (eventually-and I hope eventually is soon because it's driving me crazy). Do you hear me blogspot gadget? I'm not a quitter :)
Does anyone here besides me love the yummy, buttery goodness of Ritz crackers? They melt in your mouth. I'm excited to say I've found a great new way to use them (new to me at least). You crush them and roll a pork chop in them and it's perfection. Everyone here loved these crunchy coated chops. I will be making them again very soon.
My one year blog anniversary's fast approaching. I wanted to have a special post listing my top 10 favorite dishes and would like to include your favorite dishes also. Could you please leave a comment or email me and tell me what your favorite recipes have been? Thanks and enjoy :)

RITZY PORK CHOPS
1 cup crushed butter crackers
garlic salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
3 eggs, beaten
4 pork chops
1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 375. In a shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl beat eggs. Dip your pork chops in the egg batter and then in the cracker mixture. Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place chunks of the butter around the pork chops. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and increase heat to 400. Bake until pork is crispy and golden (about 10 minutes for me).

Comments

Denise said…
I tried your recipe for White Chili and I loved it! I have made it several times and I think I'll make it again tonight.

Love your blog. I've starred several more of your recipes that I'm looking forward to trying.
Chicago Mom said…
I have been looking for a new way to make pork chops and I love Ritz - thanks!
My favorite recipe of yours that I have tried (because I have a ton printed out that I have not tried YET) would be the Chili Casserole.
Brandy@YDK said…
I've only been a follower for like a month, but i'm a faithful reader(not a good commenter). your recipes make me happy. they are pretty easy which means I can do them. My fave so far is the pizza joes. I love them and they are easy peasy. I cheat though. Instead of adding basil oregano etc. I just buy a can of the basil/oregano flavored tomatoes.
Katy ~ said…
I've used Ritz crackers to bake scallops, never thought about pork chops. Yummm... so this does sound good. Now I want it!
NerdyMe said…
This dainty pork chop looks delish!
Rachel said…
I'm kind of new to the whole "breaded pork chop concept", but loved them when I tried them not too long ago! My Mom never made them breaded, for some reason?!? I, too, love Ritz crackers, so I bet I'd love this recipe!

I've tried many of your recipes and enjoyed each and every one, so I'll have to ponder for a bit, as to which my favorite was! Congrats on your one year anniversary approaching!
Donna-FFW said…
What a great idea to use ritz for pork chops.. bet it was so tasty. I am so looking forward to reading your 10 favorites.:):)
Rhonda said…
Wow!! Those sound AWESOME!!
Lara said…
I love Ritz crackers as a breading! Once of my favorite recipes of yours was the taco ring. My kids are still talking about it.
Lara said…
PS Trader Joe's is an awesome grocery store that sells fun, gourmet type food at reasonable prices. I know it's nationwide (since we have them here in Virginia and my sister has them near her in California), but I imagine they're mostly clustered near big cities. If you ever see one, you should definitely stop in and check it out!
JMay said…
Those look really good...I will def. be back visiting your site. Need cooking help :-)
Krista said…
Yum! I think I'm making pork chops tomorrow!
Tina Butler said…
When I add to video to one of my posts or even the sidebar. I upload the video to vimeo or youtube then get the embeded code and paste the embeded html code into my post. If you want it on your side bar just add a new gadget, choose the html one and paste the code. With vimeo I think you can choose the size of the video to fit to your sidebar. If not just change the size in the html coding to your liking. such as 200 x 200 or 200 x 180 its up to you.
Kim said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I love ritz crackers. In fact I think it's the reason squash casserole made it into my top ten favorites for the year. The ritzy pork chops look delicious. Bet my husband and daughter would love them!!
Awesome Wordage said…
That looks yummy...and I'm not even a big fan of pork chops!
I'm just a recent reader, but so far I've loved both recipes I've made from you: saltine toffee (big hit at the family Christmas gathering) and grilled cheese pizza. Both were extremely tasty!
Carrie said…
This is a great recipe! I always have a rouge package of Ritz crackers in my pantry, I am SO going to use this recipe! Thanks!!
Cyndi said…
We're on the same wavelength. I just used up a big box of Ritz - I made peanut butter sandwiches with them and dipped them in chocolate - but had lots of broken ones. I put them in a bag, and thought I'd crush them up and use them as chicken breading, and then I saw your post! I was going to fry them, but baking sounds good, too!
MaRiN said…
Love, love, love Ritz! Anytime a recipe calls for saltines, I automatically substitute with Ritz- they are fab!