Round 1-San Francisco Chicken & a Winner!


Please forgive me for being a little behind today. The winner of the snowman ornament is HOMEMAKER!!! Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it :)

I have for you today a really yummy chicken dish. I called it round 1 because tomorrow I'll be posting a great chicken fried rice recipe you can use the leftovers for (and I've been watching to much Sandra Lee and stole her idea of calling them round 1 and round 2!!) It seems working doesn't agree with me and I can't come up with my own clever ideas :) I don't know if I enjoyed this chicken more the first time or the 2nd when it was turned into chicken fried rice. They were both wonderful. I hope you try them both out. Enjoy :)

SAN FRANCISCO CHICKEN
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cloves finely minced garlic
4 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 TBSP cornstarch
sliced green onions (optional)

Lightly brown chicken in skillet. Remove from pan; add garlic, soy, brown sugar and 1 cup broth. Stir to mix and return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through (15-20 minutes). Remove chicken. Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup broth. Add to pan, bring to a boil to thicken. Return chicken to pan and turn to coat. Sprinkle with onions.


I was surprised when many of you commented showing interest in the breast cancer awareness ribbon ornaments. I am selling them for $2.00 each. If anyone is still interested please email me and we can work out shipping cost. heidiheidiheidi@yahoo.com

Comments

Raoulysgirl said…
I need that chicken...like now! It sounds sooo good to me right now!!!
Norah said…
Looks really yummy!
Lara said…
Anything with brown sugar in the sauce would be a hit at our house!
This looks great. I think I'll try it today. I love recipes that use things I already have on hand. Thanks for sharing!
teresa said…
i'm loving that chicken, i'll have to try it soon!
Willoughby said…
That looks delicious!

Your breast cancer ornament is great! I hope you sell a lot of them!!
Katy ~ said…
Sounds like a delicious and quick stir fry. I'm going to give it a try as I typically have all the ingredients on hand. You always come up with some of the tastiest dinner recipes.