Cheerios Treats

Poor little Chase made it through his first filling today. Remember last year when he got pushed into his metal pedal tractor and bit through his lip and chipped his tooth??? Well, between getting his teeth cleaned 6 months ago and now that little chip turned into a cavity. Fortunately, it wasn't to the nerve and he didn't even have to get a shot to fix it. Lucky boy! Here he is showing off his pretty teeth with no holes... as you can tell he's not the least big ornery :) We have a new favorite treat at our house! My kids aren't big Cheerios fans, but I think these yummy no bake delights have changed their minds. My husband, who doesn't appreciate trying new recipes, has even approved of these by eating so many he's gotten a tummy ache. You would think he would be old enough not to do that, but what can I say, they never grow up! I found this recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and immediately knew it would be a winner because it's so much like another household favorite, peanut butter chewies. Enjoy :)

CHEERIOS TREATS
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
5 cups Cherrios

In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat.
Allow mixture to boil for one minute and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla to mixture and mix until smooth. Add Cheerios and mix until all coated. Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

Comments

Cassie said…
I have a recipe so similar to this coming up on my blog later this week! Great minds think alike ;)

I found the version I'm sharing on Weelicious -- have you ever visited that site? She has great recipes for kids, which is right up your alley!
Julie said…
What a great idea...ooh, you could even use the newer chocolate cheerios, too!
Ooh ~ this looks so cool! I will have to give these a try, my kids will love them!