Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes

I'm back posting! Again. For Good. I HOPE!!! Makayla's still feeling much, much better. We finally got the kit in the mail for the 24 hr test. Keep your fingers crossed they figure out the stone causing component and we can solve the problem! I'm sure you've noticed the lack of posting on my part. It's due to the quick grocery store trip last week when I was worried and picked up all easy, peasy items I had made before. Not much new cooking in my kitchen :( I've got some great sounding recipes lined up, so keep your eyes peeled.
Here's a yummy spin on a family favorite. The recipe caught my eye in the April edition of Southern Living magazine. I loved the fact it used Texas toast instead of a bun. The tangy filling matched perfectly with the toast and melty cheese. The magazine stated it perfectly when they said- These hearty open-faced sandwiches are the Texas barbecue cousin of classic sloppy joes. Enjoy :)

CHEESY BBQ SLOPPY JOES
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (optional)
1 TBSP liquid from pickled jalapeno peppers (optional
1 package frozen garlic Texas toast
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 - 10 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, jalapeno pepper and liquid. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Serve beef mixture over Texas toast; sprinkle with cheese.

Comments

Lara said…
I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. Sounds like a miserable experience all around.

These sloppy joes sound fabulous!
Willoughby said…
I haven't been around lately, so I didn't know your daughter was sick. I hope she's feeling better now!

The sandwiches look tasty!
Cassie said…
I'm so glad your daughter's feeling better, and that things can get back to normal.

These sandwiches are right up our alley. I'm definitely trying them!
Patsyk said…
Love the twist on a kid-friendly favorite!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Alexis AKA MOM said…
I'm loving this girlie I made it tonight for dinner. Have I told you how much I love your search button. I have something I need to make up and tada I search your blog :).

Thank YOU for a great meal!
Alexis AKA MOM said…
Thanks sweetie I posted it :) with links to you as always.

LOVES
Rhondi said…
I made these Sloppy Joes tonight. They were so good! My kids used hot dog buns, which were perfect for their little mouths. And I'm still full!