24 Hour Roast

I'm so excited to be back online! Can you believe I've been without Internet service for 6 days? I've been going crazy (even more than usual) not being able to post. It's been an insane week... I can sum it up in 2 ugly words. Health Inspector! That's always a fun day at work... if you consider sweating bullets and being nervous-as-all-get-out fun. At least I have a yummy recipe to share. I found it in a cookbook I bought at the booster club garage sale (remember I made the Can't Leave Alone Bars for the bake sale the same day?). It's the 1974 Missouri Cow Belles Beef Cookbook. When I spotted this recipe I knew I must try it. We aren't big roast fans and we have tons of them setting in the deep freeze from the cow we had processed. The woman claimed her husband didn't like roast, but ate this like it was steak. I won't compare it to steak, but it was very moist, tender and delightful. I will be making this one again. Enjoy :)

24 HOUR ROAST
3-5 lb boneless roast
oil

Rub the roast with oil and place in a 250 degree oven for one hour (I covered mine with foil, but the recipe did not specify to do this). Use a shallow pan. Turn the oven down to 150 degree (mine only goes down to 170 so that's what I used) and bake 23 hours. DO NOT PEEK! Salt before serving. You will have to use a box gravy with the roast because there are practically no drippings. All juices stay in the roast.

Comments

Tightwad Mom said…
Yummy! I'm going to make this for Sunday dinner! Thanks for another great recipe!
Kristen said…
We love roast dinners - I'll have to try this
Anonymous said…
I pulled a roast out last night because I wanted to try this. My oven doesn't go down to 150 degrees. It stops at 170. :(
Chris said…
Now that is a roast. I've gone 18 hours on some large stubborn pork butts but not 24 hours. I bet that roast just falls apart and is juicy!
Krista said…
I have made a ton of roasts and I've never tried this one. Interesting recipe! Definitely worth a try.
Ingrid_3Bs said…
Interesitng recipe...thanks for sharing!
~ingrid