Gooey Butter Cake

I feel like I've entered dessert-mania! Looking back at my last few posts, it would seem we're a bunch off sugar lovers in my house. AND... we are :) I made these for the bake sale, but they didn't make it that far. Instead, they were enjoyed by the volunteer firemen setting up for our towns annual fundraising fish fry. I received many compliments, which is not surprising considering this is a Paula Deen recipe. It's one of my moms favorites and follows all the Paula Deen rules by being super rich and delicious. I wish that woman would come live with me and whip up her goodies :) These are another MUST TRY! Enjoy :)

GOOEY BUTTER CAKE
Ingredients:
Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Prepare Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Comments

Those look DIVINE!!! Holy crap!

BTW, I make your microwave potato chips all.the.time. We LOVE them!

Cara
4*KowBoys said…
If you loved this cake, you should try the pumpkin gooey butter cake. It is devine! I have it on my blog, or you can find it as one of Paula Deen's recipes on Foodnetwork. Yum!
It looks delicious Heidi; so moist and gooey and addictive! I've got this bookmarked to try soon.
Cassie said…
This is one of those desserts I've been wanting to make for literally YEARS, and just haven't. I think I may try the pumpkin version this year!
Disneypal said…
I love gooey butter cake - my fave is the pumpkin version - you must try it now that it is getting pumpkin kind of weather :-)
I tried those last year and they are yummy
Kelly Polizzi said…
Oh man, I love butter cake. And this looks delicious. Do you ever make anything that looks awful? Seriously!
Katy ~ said…
Don't you just luv her gooey cakes? This one is no exception. Well done:)
Melody said…
I've seen this cake twice now this week in the blogs I read. I think it is a sign that I need to make this!!! I saw a lemon version. YUMMY!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
My babygirl and her daddy make these together! They haven't in a while. I'm gonna have to get on them.
~ingrid