Soft Popcorn Balls

It's November already! That means my most dreaded day of the year's fast approaching... only 1 week away. This girls not excited about turning 30 (ugh), I don't even want to look at the number. I'm probably making a big deal out of it for nothing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't wake up and suddenly have crows feet and sagging items. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Here's the kiddos in their Halloween attire. Sophie won first place as Twilight's Alice Cullen, Chase was an MU Tiger and Makayla also won first as Pippi. I wanted to share one of my families favorite fall treats. Popcorn Balls. Yum! These are my favorite because they're nice and soft. I love the fact these won't break your teeth off from being so hard like some popcorn balls.

SOFT POPCORN BALLS
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 teaspoons cold water
2 5/8 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup marshmallows
5 quarts plain popped popcorn (3 bags of microwave)

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Carefully combine the hot mixture with the popcorn, coating each kernel.
Grease hands with vegetable shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls before it cools (you have to press hard).

Comments

30 is a breeze, but you're right. It is a bit of a milestone leaving the 20-somethings. Guess what? It only seems bad. Yes, we get older. But we also get wiser, more relaxed, and less worried about the little stuff that really doesn't matter. Happy Birthday - early! ;)

The kids look adorable!!!
Laura Marchant said…
I hit the big 3-0 in February. It hasn't been too bad :-) Happy Early Birthday!
Willoughby said…
I wasn't crazy about turning 30, but I really hated 40. Realistically, though, there's no point worrying about something you can't change. Just have a great day on your birthday!

Your popcorn balls look really good. I do hate the hard ones, but I think I would like these.
Krista said…
I've been 30 for 3 years. lol. You'll be fine. Happy Birthday!

I've never made popcorn balls, but I do love em'. I'll have to save this recipe. Thanks!
Coleens Recipes said…
TREASURE turning 30...before you know it, you'll turn 60 like I did this year hahahaha.
teresa said…
oh yummy! what a great treat!
Chris said…
Popcorn balls were always a favorite of mine at Halloween time.
Ingrid_3Bs said…
They look cute in their costumes.

I don't like the store bought ones but I bet these are super yummy!
~ingrid

Btw, Hope you have a wonderful b-day!