Santa Fe Beef Fiesta

Any Judie Byrde's Kitchen fans out there?  I had no idea who the heck she was until a few weeks ago while channel surfing landed me on her show.  I was immediately hooked by her homey, everyday mom style and great looking recipes.  This recipe immediately caught my eye.  I will admit, it's been a while since I saw a recipe I absolutely wanted to make right that minute.  When I saw this, I got out my pen and paper and added to my grocery list.  It may not look appealing, but it was DELISH!  It's great over rice or served taco salad style.  There were no leftovers in this house.  Enjoy :)

SANTA FE BEEF FIESTA 
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced garlic, or to taste
1, 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin

In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, chopping meat as it cooks. When meat has lost most of its pink color, add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir until onions are tender. Add tomatoes, olives, chili powder, salt, and cumin and stir well. When mixture begins to bubble, turn heat to medium-low and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often. 

Comments

Chris said…
So are you serving it as lettuce wraps or is that just garnish? Sounds good!
Heidi said…
I ate it as a lettuce wrap, but everyone else ate it with tortilla chips. It was yummy both ways :)
Coleens Recipes said…
Sounds delicious and I love the idea of a lettuce wrap!!