Snow Pea Medley

Here's a quick and easy side dish sure to please when opening a can of corn or green beans just won't do.  Side dishes are always a challenge for me.  I can do main dishes and desserts all day long, but when trying to come up with a side dish my brain turns to mush!  This side will go with a variety of entrees.  It's a winner.  My can opener can take the evening off.  Enjoy :)

SNOW PEA MEDLEY
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 tsp canola oil
1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
1/2 cup fresh snow peas
1/2  cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 tsp salt

In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil for 1-2 minutes.  Add peppers; cook for 2 minutes.  Stir in peas and mushrooms; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until veggies are crisp-tender.  Sprinkle with salt.

Comments

Tina Butler said…
Umm side dishes challange me as well. This looks really good Heidi.
This looks really good. I'll have to include this dish next time I fix asian food. It would be the perfect side.
Unknown said…
Join the club, sides challenge me too! I love snow peas, and this looks delicious.