Orange Chicken Fajitas

School has started, so it's time to pull out the quick dinner recipes!  After having the summer off I always struggle to get back into the swing of working and getting everything else accomplished....not to mention keeping everyone organized on homework. 
Here's a quick dish from Reshaping It All by Candance Cameron Bure (my favorite Full Houser).  It's quick, healthy and everyone ate seconds.  That's an A++++ in my books.  Enjoy :)

ORANGE CHICKEN FAJITAS
1 pkg. chicken breast
2 yellow bell peppers (I used 1 yellow, 1 green)
2 orange bell peppers
1 large white onion
1/4 cup 100% orange juice
1 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
10-12 tortillas
Toppings (I like shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomato, black olives, refried beans and salsa)

Wash and cut the peppers and onion into thin strips.  Cut chicken into thin strips as well.  Heat oil in skillet and add chicken, peppers and onion.  Cook until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.  Add orange juice and let simmer 5 minutes.  Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on tortillas.  Top with your favorite toppings.

Comments

Chris said…
The citrus of choice for my fajitas is almost always lime juice so I like the use of orange juice for a change. I'll give this a try.
Anonymous said…
Hi. Someone just told me about your blog and also "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook.(also a blog) I just "Liked" his Facebook page and came to your site. It's great. I'm so glad when people share their favorite blogs with each other. Denise