Granola

There's nothing better than fresh, homemade granola.  It's so delicious on a fruit and yogurt parfait (I love Greek yogurt best!).  Most of you already know that I'm the food service director over my local high school and elementary school, but did you also know that I'm the school granola chef?  I make huge batches of this delicious stuff every month.  I leave it plain for school use (because of kids with nut allergies), but at home we love adding nuts and other delicious goodies.  Enjoy :)

GRANOLA
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
1 cup flour (regular, wheat, or brown rice)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
ADD INS:  toasted nuts (almonds are pictured), coconut flakes, dried fruit

Mix all dry ingredients.  Stir in melted butter until crumbly.  Spread out  on cookie sheet and bake at 350 until golden brown (between 10-20 minutes).  Stir every 5 minutes ensure even baking on outsides and middle.

Comments